Skip to Content
Due to power outages, the following library branches will be closed on Wednesday, November 14:
Campo, Descanso, Jacumba, Julian, Pine Valley, Potrero, Rancho Santa Fe and Valley Center
[+] Volunteer Tutor Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old, with the equivalent of a high school diploma;
- Pass the County of San Diego's Volunteer Background Check;
- Successfully complete LEARN's Tutor Training program;
- Commit to a minimum of six months as a tutor;
- Meet with a learner for 1-1/2 hours twice a week at a County Library branch;
- Be patient, flexible and supportive with a sense of humor.
Volunteer Tutor Application
Please complete the application and mail to LEARN, or take to
your local branch library and ask a staff member to send it to LEARN.
El Cajon Branch Library
201 E. Douglas Ave.
El Cajon, CA 92020
Phone: (619) 588-3740
Fax: (619) 588-3732
Vista Branch Library
700 Eucalyptus Ave.
Vista, CA 92084
Phone: (760) 643-5144
Fax: (760) 643-5127
Toll Free: (888) 466-0668