HAVE A HEALTHIER NEW YEAR AT SAN DIEGO COUNTY LIBRARY
January 2, 2013
Angelica Deaver, zumba instructor at the Ramona Library
[Download Image (3 MB)]
More than two-thirds of adults in the United States are reported to be overweight or obese, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. So, it's no surprise that living a healthier lifestyle is one of the country's most popular New Year's resolutions. San Diego County Library is encouraging all ages to make 2013 their healthiest year yet by offering a variety of health and wellness classes at branches throughout the county. Programs offered at the County Library are free of charge – even popular yoga and zumba classes. January offerings include:
Yoga for Teens and Adults
- 4S Ranch (10433 Reserve Dr): Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.
- Bonita (4375 Bonita Rd): Mondays, 1:30 p.m.
- Borrego Springs (587 Palm Canyon Dr # 125): Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m.
- Cardiff (2081 Newcastle Ave): Mondays & Wednesdays, 2 p.m.
- Del Mar (1309 Camino Del Mar): Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m.
- El Cajon (201 E Douglas Ave): Thursdays, 2 p.m.
- Encinitas (540 Cornish Dr): Tuesdays, 1 p.m. and Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m.
- Fallbrook (124 S Mission Rd): Mondays, 3 p.m., and Fridays, 3:30 p.m.
- Jacumba (44605 Old Highway 80): Wednesdays, 1 p.m.
- Julian (1850 Highway 78): Fridays, 9 a.m.
- Lemon Grove (8073 Broadway): Fridays & Saturdays, 11:30 a.m.
- Ramona (1275 Main St): Tuesdays, 11 a.m.
- Santee (9225 Carlton Hills Blvd # 17): 1st Thursdays, 10 a.m.
- Valley Center (29200 Cole Grade Rd): Mondays & Wednesdays, 10 a.m. and Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5 p.m.
- El Cajon (201 E Douglas Ave): Mondays, 6 p.m.
- Encinitas (540 Cornish Dr): Tuesdays, 2 p.m
- Fallbrook (124 S Mission Rd): Mondays & Thursdays, 10 a.m.
- Lemon Grove (8073 Broadway): Mondays & Thursdays starting 1/14, 10 a.m.
- Poway (13137 Poway Rd): Fridays, 11:30 a.m.
- Ramona (1275 Main St): Fridays, 11 a.m.
"I want to help [library customers] get fit and have a day for themselves," said Angelica Deaver, zumba instructor at the Ramona Library. "One of my students has already lost 10 pounds!"