Tax Preparation Assistance @ SDCL
Get a jumpstart on tax season with free tax assistance programs at the library!
(Appointments are required at most locations; please call for additional information.)
AARP Tax Assistance
Certified AARP volunteers will be available at select library branches to answer questions and help prepare your state and federal tax returns.
- El Cajon Library: Wednesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (through April 13)
Please call (619) 401-7645 to make an appointment.
- Encinitas Library: Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (through April 12)
Send a request to email@example.com or call (760) 706-0540 to make an appointment.
- Ramona Library: February 25, March 11 & 25
Please call the library at (760) 788-5270 to make an appointment.
- Rancho San Diego Library: Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (through April 13)
Please call the library at (619) 660-5370 to make an appointment.
- Spring Valley Library: Mondays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (through April 17)
Please call the library at (619) 463-3006 to make an appointment.
South Bay Community Services Tax Assistance
- Lincoln Acres Library: February 14 & 28, March 14 & 28, April 11 from 4-7 p.m.
Please call the library at (619) 475-9880 to make an appointment.
Prepare Your Own Tax Return and Lower Your Taxes
Learn how to prepare your own individual tax return for free, which tax software can be purchased, and basic ways to claim deductions and credits to lower taxes.
- Poway Library: Monday, February 27 at 6 p.m.
(No appointment required)
Accessing Tax Forms
& Instruction Booklets
Limited tax forms are currently available in library branches. Please contact your local SDCL branch for availability.
To access forms and instructions:
• IRS.gov/Forms - to view and download
• IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
• 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail