Skip to Content
For your safety and the safety of our employees, all SDCL buildings are temporarily closed.
Due dates will be extended until we reopen. No returns will be accepted.
Starting May 26, Door-Side Service
will be available at selected branches by appointment only.
Para su seguridad y la de nuestros empleados, todos los edificios de la biblioteca del Condado de San Diego están temporalmente cerrados.
Las fechas de vencimiento se extenderán hasta la reapertura de todas las sucursales. En este momento, no se aceptan devoluciones.
A partir del 26 de mayo, el Servicio de Materiales Reservados para Llevar
estará disponible solamente en las sucursales seleccionadas, por medio de cita.
Volunteers of the Year: 2012
Top left to bottom right:
- At Solana Beach, Joel Harris spends every Saturday and most of the rest of the week teaching art classes to all ages and abilities, with a special focus on veterans and special needs adults.
- At Encinitas for the last 3 years, Connie Louis has given more than 1,500 hours as Bookstore Volunteer Coordinator, managing a big crew and improving communications with regular email updates.
- Any Saturday for the last 2 years, volunteer Alex Taylor could be found at Crest Branch Library helping customers and staff with whatever is needed, including computer training and programming.
- At San Marcos for the last 6-1/2 years, always-cheerful volunteer Nancy Kramer has spent at least half of every work day keeping the library shelved up and looking great.
- For the last 5 years, Lois Harris has worked six full days a week managing the Vista Friends of the Library Bookstore and her team of 34 bookstore volunteers.
- Alex Koeppel has been volunteering at Bonita-Sunnyside Branch for more than 3 years, and can be counted on to keep "his library" orderly and show up when staff need him most.
- For the last 5 years at San Marcos Library, staff could count on volunteer Diana Hendrix to be there at least three days a week, but especially during their busy hours, and often with homemade baked goods to share.
- At Poway, Amanda Heath has been invaluable as the tech-savvy volunteer who started eBook programming and, for more than 4 years, provided regular support for all things teen.
- For the last 20 years, every Saturday like clockwork, Rob Roberto volunteers his whole day at El Cajon Library, doing whatever is needed that day.