Skip to Content
Walk-up Door-side service is available on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Limited In-person services are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a sanitation break from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Please click here for more information.
Los servicios sin cita previa están disponibles los lunes y viernes de 10 a.m. a 4 p.m.
Los Servicios limitados en persona están disponibles los martes, miércoles y jueves de 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. y 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. Habrá una pausa de saneamiento de las 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 de la tarde. Haga clic aquí para obtener más información.
Volunteers of the Year: 2012
Top left to bottom right:
- At Solana Beach, Joel Harris spends every Saturday and most of the rest of the week teaching art classes to all ages and abilities, with a special focus on veterans and special needs adults.
- At Encinitas for the last 3 years, Connie Louis has given more than 1,500 hours as Bookstore Volunteer Coordinator, managing a big crew and improving communications with regular email updates.
- Any Saturday for the last 2 years, volunteer Alex Taylor could be found at Crest Branch Library helping customers and staff with whatever is needed, including computer training and programming.
- At San Marcos for the last 6-1/2 years, always-cheerful volunteer Nancy Kramer has spent at least half of every work day keeping the library shelved up and looking great.
- For the last 5 years, Lois Harris has worked six full days a week managing the Vista Friends of the Library Bookstore and her team of 34 bookstore volunteers.
- Alex Koeppel has been volunteering at Bonita-Sunnyside Branch for more than 3 years, and can be counted on to keep "his library" orderly and show up when staff need him most.
- For the last 5 years at San Marcos Library, staff could count on volunteer Diana Hendrix to be there at least three days a week, but especially during their busy hours, and often with homemade baked goods to share.
- At Poway, Amanda Heath has been invaluable as the tech-savvy volunteer who started eBook programming and, for more than 4 years, provided regular support for all things teen.
- For the last 20 years, every Saturday like clockwork, Rob Roberto volunteers his whole day at El Cajon Library, doing whatever is needed that day.