This year, celebrate Veterans Day by helping yourself to all the great services offered by San Diego County’s Office of Military & Veterans Affairs!
The Office of Military & Veterans affairs provides professional services for military veterans, their dependents and survivors who are entitled to benefits from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of California, and other agencies.
Staff from the Office also provide advocacy to the veterans community regarding entitlement rights to federal, state and local benefits programs.
The Office was re-established in 1987 to serve San Diego County’s veteran population, which is the second largest in the state.
- Services offered through the Office of Military & Veterans Affairs:
- Comprehensive benefits counseling
- Claims preparation and submission
- Claims follow-up to ensure final decisions
- Initiate and develop appeals when appropriate
- Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies
Connect with OMVA staff through video conferencing at our Vet Connect libraries.