The New Lakeside Library
Frequently Asked Questions
The new library is located at 12428 Woodside Ave., between Ottavio’s Italian Restaurant and the Americo gas station.
The new library is approximately 16,000 square feet, more than 3 times the size of the current facility.
The new Lakeside library is designed to be a Zero Net Energy building. This means that the energy needed to operate the branch is completely offset by the sunlight harvested and then used to energize building systems.
Yes, there are 60 oversized parking stalls, 2 EV charging stations, and a quick drop-off area near the front of the building.
- Bringing the outdoors of Lakeside and Lindo Lake into the branch through art and theming
- A themed Children’s Area featuring new books for kids and space for storytimes and crafts
- A Teen Space that will feature new books and study rooms, plus be a fun place to hang out after school
- A Homework Center where kids and teens can work together on class assignments
- Comfortable powered seating throughout the building
- Quiet study rooms for individuals and small groups
- Vet Connect station to connect veterans to resources through the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Community Room and Conference Room where programs and meetings can be held
- Friends of the Library bookstore
- Automated returns, laptop check-out kiosk, public internet computers that are available whenever the library is open
- Free wireless internet access for laptop users – both inside and outside the branch
- Automated materials check-out, giving customers the ability to check out their favorite titles quickly and efficiently
Yes, SDCL has built 11 new libraries in the past 11 years. We partner with the public, private, and non-profit sectors in order to develop innovative and sustainable branch libraries. SDCL builds award-winning libraries, including a recent People’s Choice Orchid Award from the San Diego Architectural Foundation for the Fallbrook Library and multiple building features in Library Journal and American Libraries magazine.