Tax season is here, and San Diego County Library has you covered to ensure you are prepared to file your taxes.
Electronic forms: Electronic tax forms, instructions, and information in multiple languages may be downloaded from the IRS website.
Additional Online Help
- IRS Free File lets you prepare and file your federal income tax online using guided tax preparation, at an IRS partner site or Free File Fillable Forms.
- The IRS has an Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) page where users can answer a series of questions to get answers to common questions.
- Sign up at GetYourRefund.org to get notified about tax help (for those earning $66,000 or less annually).
- The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is an independent organization within the IRS. Advocates can help with tax problems that can’t be resolved.
Tax Preparation & Clinics
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers – especially those 60 and older.
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
- University of San Diego School of Law Legal Clinics offer services to lower income individuals who are involved in a federal or California State tax dispute.
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego Legal Clinics provide help with IRS wage garnishments, bank levies, audits, EITC denials, negotiated settlements and other problems.
San Diego County Library is happy to help you file with confidence. This year's tax deadline is April 15, 2024.