How It Works
Discover & Go is open to San Diego County residents of all ages. Here’s how to get started with an online reservation:
- Log in and Browse: Log in to sdcl.discoverandgo.net with your library card number and PIN to browse available passes by date or attraction.
- Make a Reservation: Print or download your pass shortly before your visit.
- Enjoy your Visit! Bring your ID and a printed pass or mobile device with you on the date of your reservation.
- All passes are first come, first served.
- Each San Diego County Library card (starts with 01535) holder can make up to two reservations at a time.
- You can make a reservation up to three months in advance.
- Some museums or attractions require an ID. The name on the pass and ID must match.
- Need help making a reservation? Visit a County Library branch or call (858) 694-2415.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need a library card to reserve a free pass (starts with 01535). Visit your local San Diego County Library branch to apply for a library card. Bring a picture ID and proof of your current address with you to pick up your card. If you’re under 18, you need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Each San Diego County Library holder is allowed to reserve up to two passes at a time.
Please read the details on each pass carefully. Each museum or attraction decides how many people it will admit with a pass. Some are family passes and others offer free access to one person per pass.
After you make a reservation, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Discover & Go website. Follow this link to login with your library card number and view your pass under “My Reservations.” Print your pass from here shortly before your visit.
Please note: You cannot cancel your reservation once you have printed or downloaded your pass.
Please read the details on the pass carefully. Some museums or attractions may accept mobile passes and others require a printed pass.
Please bring the printed pass and a valid photo I.D. such as CA driver’s license, CA ID card, government issued ID Card, passport, or school ID card. The name on the pass and I.D. must match. If the attraction accepts mobile passes, you can present the pass on your device.
Reservations are first come, first served. If a pass is not available for the attraction or date you want, please make a different selection.
Reservations can be cancelled if the passes have not been printed or downloaded. To cancel a pass, log in to your Discover & Go account and click on “Cancel Pass.”
No, if you reserve a pass and do not use it or cancel the reservation, the unused pass will count towards your limit. Please note: some institutions only allow you to reserve one pass per year.
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to make a reservation:
- All passes for the attraction are currently reserved.
- You have two active reservations—the maximum you can have at any given time.
- You’ve already used up your passes for this attraction this year.
- Your account is not in good standing.