Library High School: Current Students

Student Support


Enrolled after July 2021:
Enrolled before July 2021:



Please review the Transcript Request Guide from Smart Horizons.

  • Incoming Students: You can transfer up to 14 credits from your former high school or from GED tests you have passed. To request credit from previous high schools: Download the Transcript Request Form and submit it to any past schools you attended. To request credit for the GED: Go to the GED website and request your GED transcript.
  • Current Students or Graduates from the Program: If you need to provide proof that you are currently enrolled in the high school diploma program or that you have completed it, log in to Parchment to submit a transcript request or enrollment verification request. You may also contact your Academic Coach for support.


  • Leave of Absence Request – Email your Academic Coach and
  • Extension Request – Email your Academic Coach and


Community Resources

211 San Diego
Call 2-1-1 to speak to a Community Navigator or browse the website for information about local community, health, social, and disaster services.

Everyone On is a website where you can search by zip code for discounted internet or computer offers that may be available to you. You may be eligible for discounted internet access through the Affordable Connectivity Program from the Federal Communications Commission.

Education & Careers


Occupational Outlook Handbook
Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics about different career fields and occupations, such as hiring trends, earning potential, and educational requirements

SD Workforce Partnership
Explore occupations that align with your interests by taking a career assessment, learning about local careers and programs, and using resume-building tools.


Systems of Higher Education
Learn about different types of education after high school, such as public vs private schools, 2-year programs vs 4-year programs, and vocational/technical schools.

Paying for College

Financial Aid
Information about different types of aid you could be eligible for and how to apply

Financial Aid Packages
A Financial Aid Package tells you the total amount of financial aid you qualify for. A Financial Aid package includes scholarships, grants, loans, and other types of aid. Your package will likely vary from college to college, and one school may offer you a better financial aid package than another. This video from UC San Diego discusses what you need to look for in financial aid packages to make an informed decision.

California Dream Act
A state law that allows undocumented students to qualify for financial aid in the State of California

FAFSA stands for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This form is how you apply for financial aid like grants, work-study, and loans. This application is also used for aid provided by states, like the Cal Grant.

Students who participate in the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids can get access to vital services such as work study, job placement, childcare, curriculum development, skills training, and more to help them succeed in college. CalWORKS has a presence at every community college in California. Speak with a school counselor for more information.

Extended Opportunity Programs and Services is a state funded program designed to provide counseling, retention and other support services to economically or educationally disadvantaged students enrolled at a California community college. If you enroll at a community college, there will likely be a separate application to enroll in this program. Talk to a school counselor for more information.


An application that can be used to apply to most community colleges in California

Cal State Apply
The application for all California State University campuses, including San Diego State University (SDSU)

UC Application
The application for all University of California campuses, including University of California, San Diego (UCSD)

Common Application
The Common App is used by more than 800 public and private four-year colleges in the United States and abroad, including many in California. Visit their site to see if your school is on their list.


The ACT and SAT are two standardized tests that some colleges and universities use to evaluate students. Most schools require students to submit their scores on the ACT and/or SAT as part of their application. Be sure to read your school's application requirements to see if you need to take one or both of these exams.

  • ACT
    Visit their website for study resources like practice tests, and to schedule your exam.
  • SAT
    Visit their website for study resources like practice tests, and to schedule your exam.
Back to Top